Let us know how we can improve further.

Moderator:Morten

Admin
Site Admin
Mobile:93748272
Changes to LastDone.com

Post by Admin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Transition of http://www.LASTDONE.com

I have just renewed the hosting charges of LD. Yes, its 1 year since LD was started. Everything has been smooth, ie. no lawsuits, no police investigations on the postings here, no users posting undesirable words and pictures etc. The only thing we have a lot here is bad stock "calls"... latest one being Portek. :wink:

Viewership in this website is quite bad apart from a few regulars. Ok ok, its not quite bad. Its very bad. :mrgreen: Cost of hosting this website, hmm... while not cheap, is not nearly free. Which leads me to ponder all the time why start this forum without any goals or objectives. No way can LD.com be in the likes of SI.com in terms of commercial success. No way has it been able to attract viewships like those in CNA.com. LD has got no backing unlike those in NextInsight.com.sg or Wallstraits.com where they have editorial staffs and an office to "house them". In fact, LD does not aspire to be like any of these other websites, simply because LD does not even have any aspirations. :mrgreen:

It is now a desire to transform this website in a way that helps everyone who contributes to it. That will be a good aspiration to begin with? Yes? No?

What I may plan to do now is

1. Close up the forum. ie... no more new registrations.
Registrations to go through admin@lastdone.com.

2. Mbrs MUST post stories or ideas etc to keep their a/c alive here. Else, the account here will be termination at the discretion of Admin (ie me).

After losing so much money in the market, I may have gone a bit crazy. So do let me know if you think this is the stupidest thing you have ever heard ever since the Jade takeover saga. I am not sure if this is the best way moving forward. Let me know you suggestions either here ... or send me an email at admin@lastdone.com.

Looking fwd to your feedback. Will decide on closing this forum (only to invited guests) by end of November 2008.

Rgds,
Your friendly "closing shop" Admin of LD.com.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Changes to LastDone.com

Post by Admin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:48 am

Hi all,

While no final decision has been made. A few steps have been taken today.

1. New users: Registration is NOW closed.
New users who want to register an i.d. on the website ... pls send email to admin@lastdone.com

2. Existing users who have NOT made a single posting on LD.com has been deactivated.
If you wish to be re-instated, pls drop an email to admin@lastdone.com. Eventually, these user ID will be deleted from the forum maybe early nx year.

Thanks, this is a pruning exercise to weed off inactive users to save LD.com dwindling database space.

To friends who have sent me emails on this topic, I have not replied to anyone of them and will do so today... thanks for your feedbacks once again.

Rgds,
Lastdone Administrator

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:57 am

Hi hi... another change.

1. Mbrs who have been inactive
ie registered users but NEVER post anythg for a long time, will be removed again soon. Maybe next 2 or 3 weeks. Thought I better give advance notice. Wanna keep my "ever increasing" database minimal to save server space.

2. Non registered users will no longer be able to access the contents of the forum. If you wanna access. Kindly register.

Thank you.

Cif5000
Learned Person

Post by Cif5000 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:49 pm

Admin wrote:
1. Mbrs who have been inactive
ie registered users but NEVER post anythg for a long time, will be removed again soon. Maybe next 2 or 3 weeks. Thought I better give advance notice. Wanna keep my "ever increasing" database minimal to save server space.
Wah, so heong!! Please don't remove me ok?

Morten
Saged Saint

Post by Morten » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:49 am

Cif5000 wrote: Wah, so heong!! Please don't remove me ok?
Wah you smart investor here lei... your postings are very valuable to us.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:12 am

Hello all,

Just did the following. Once again, the whole idea is to save server space. I cannot fund this website if the cost keep on escalating.

- deactivation of registered "inactive" users.
- form viewing permission restricted to registered members.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:17 am

Important Message.
So far we have not activated any new users for the last 9 months. Any new investors who wish to participate in discussions here on LD.com, please DO NOT register via the forum's registration system here. Send an email to admin@lastdone.com instead.